Latest Documents Added
This is where the apple hit the head. Read the interesting story of how it all began.
Website user interface, layout and design is almost complete. The theme you are seeing now was chosen from HTML5up, knowing full well a million other teams are using similar templates. Score 1 for non-originality.February 25th, 2017
Site contents are almost up. Last minute touch-ups over the weekend and we are ready to show it to the world!
I bought a HC-05 Bluetooth module on Amazon so that I could work on communication between the device and app. This video shows data being transmitted to the app which draws the raw analog value for a photoresistor in a graph.
I got the wheels turning to measure speed but it was really iffy. Due to friction, it was turning only 50% more when the speed was doubled, and this got worse at higher speeds. A pivot back to the non mechanical approach is needed.
After spring break, we updated our progress on the device. Not too shabby!
Updated the app with a snazzy splash screen, but as someone put it - all style no substance. :(
Helen updated the specs for this phase of the project.
Here is a video of the app, showing the automatic detection of the Bluetooth module, as well as getting speed data out of it, using a wheel.
Further development was made on the device and app. At this juncture, integration of all hardware and software was being done. This was the most difficult process as it entails hashing out redundancies and inconsistencies.
The final stages involved laser cutting acrylic housing for the custom PCB, as well as trying to get tilt data to work.
We've got everything working! Woohoo!
It is showtime!
It's a wrap! =)