|ECE SAC members meet
to discuss undergraduate issues.
We eat, drink, think, talk, laugh and come up with ways to improve the ECE student environment. We surface issues and explore ideas related to the ECE
curriculum and student "quality of life." We make changes, we give back, we
make a difference ... If you are an ECE sophomore, junior, senior, or are in
the IMB program, you are welcome to attend SAC meetings and observe or
participate. If you have a question or concern, definitely bring it.
Highlights of accomplishments in past years:
- Started several new ECE traditions:
- ECE Day – a one day event in the spring of each year when ECE faculty, staff, undergrads, grads, and alumni break out of routine and come together to celebrate the intellectual, professional, and social community that we are. (Hosted by SAC.)
- Senior Banquet – a graduation celebration for seniors and IMB the week before commencement.
- Senior Coffee – a casual meeting between several of the student organization leaders and the ECE Department and
Associate Department Head.
- Various improvements to the labs and cluster:
- Newspaper stands in Hamerschlag Hall.
- Power strips and optical mice in the cluster.
- A review of wireless network signal strength.
- Curriculum and course registration suggestions to Department Administration.
- Ideas for improving freshmen contact with ECE.
- Establishment of an online discussion site, so useful course information and experience with the Department may be passed on to newer students.
For more information about the ECE Student Advisory Council (ECE SAC), please contact the Director of Alumni and Student Relations, Susan Farrington, firstname.lastname@example.org.