Skyeye is a...
Guide that is capable of...
- inputing your desired destinations
- navigating in all three dimensions
- finding your way across a cluttered room
Our Competitors are...
|tracking||flying||guiding||mobility||noise level||battery life|
|WowWee Rovio||✓||over smooth surfaces||moderate||two hours|
|QuickCam Orbit||✓||fixed location||none||plug-in power|
|Parrot AR.Drone||✓||✓||unlimited||high||fifteen minutes|
Functional goals are...
- stay afloat with three Helium filled envelopes
- take in user's desired destinations as inputs
- track the real-time location of the guiding device with off-board cameras
- send location data to base-station using wireless communications
- generate control signals based on location data
- autonomously direct the guiding device to input destinations
- maintain a steady and followable pace in three dimensions
Risks and mitigations are...
- lift force is limited by the size of the balloons
- reduce weight of on-board components
- thrust will be limited by battery capabilities and motor strength
- balance component cost, quality, and weight
- large volume of blimps will be heavily susceptible to wind
- this product is meant for indoor use
5/3/2012 - Final Video
3/7/2012 - Mid-Semester Demo Flight
3/6/2012 - Camera Flight
3/5/2012 - All Motors Maiden Flight
3/2/2012 - Motor Driver Test
2/24/2012 - Dual Motor Test
2/17/2012 - Speed Test 2
2/17/2012 - Weight Test