With generous support from the U.S. National Science Foundation, ACM SIGARCH, IEEE TC on Computer Architecture, and Oracle, ISCA-42 will offer travel grants for students to defray a portion of their travel cost. The size and number of these grants will vary depending on funding availability, the number of student applicants, and their respective priority. Grant awards will be made before the early registration deadline; expenses will be reimbursed after the conference; grant recipients will be asked to submit original receipts to verify their expenditures.
SIGARCH members can also apply for travel grants to support child-care or companion assistance (SIGARCH Grants and Support Programs). Please mention this explicitly in your travel grant application along with other pertinent details.
While we encourage all in need of a travel grant to apply, the selection process will give higher priority to students with greater involvement in the conference (presenter, co-author). Grants made available by NSF will use selection criteria that consider broader impact. We strongly encourage applications from students that belong to under-represented groups. Also, certain funds will be available to ACM SIGARCH student members and IEEECS members only. We highly encourage students to join SIGARCH and TCCA to be given higher priority. SIGARCH offers an online membership for $2.
To apply for a travel grant:
Additional notes for the process:
- Applicants must fill out the Travel Grant Application Form before the deadline, May 2, 2015.
- Student applicants also need to ask their direct thesis advisor to send an e-mail to the Student Travel Award Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line "ISCA Student Travel Status Confirmation for <Your Last Name, Your First Name>", stating that you are a full-time student pursuing an MS/Ph.D. or an undergraduate researcher in the areas covered by ISCA. The advisor is also welcome to comment on the potential broader impact of making an award to you, e.g., if you belong to an underrepresented group, or if the candidate is unable to attend without a substantial travel grant.
- Please save all the original receipts. You need to mail them later.
- Funds can be applied to transportation and lodging between June 13 and June 17, 2015.
- The confirmation email from their advisors must be received by the same deadline. Your application is considered incomplete without it.
- Due to the large number of applications we expect to receive, we will NOT solicit letters from your advisors. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your advisor sends the email before the deadline. No exception will be made for any reason.
- DEADLINE: Travel grant application form must be received by 11:59pm, May 1, 2015.
- We will do our best to notify you about the status of your application by May 18, 2015, which is before the conference early registration deadline. Note that award decisions will be made based on funding availability. Note also that some awards may be made only after the conference.
- Depending on the source of funding, some awardees will be required to email the travel grant chair a short essay describing their ISCA experience or their favorite paper.