Carnegie Mellon University's programs in engineering consistently rank among the nation's best in the U.S. News and World Report analysis.
Graduate programs (2014)
Rankings for graduate engineering programs at Carnegie Mellon University:
- Top Engineering Schools: College of Engineering (#5)
- Engineering Specialties: Computer (#3)
- Engineering Specialties: Electrical/Electronic/Communications (#7)
Undergraduate programs (2013)
Rankings for undergraduate engineering programs at Carnegie Mellon University:
- Best Undergraduate Engineering Program (#8)
- Engineering Specialties: Electrical/Electronic/Communications (#11)
- Engineering Specialties: Computer (#4)
- 56 faculty members (including tenure track, research, and teaching faculty)
Students (Fall 2012)
- 466 undergraduate (sophomore through senior) degree students
- 50 integrated master's/bachelor degree students
- 210 Master's degree students
- 311 Ph.D. degree students
Graduation Statistics (2011-2012 Academic Year)
- 41 Doctor of Philosophy degrees
- 181 Master of Science degrees:
- 12 simultaneously completed both the M.S. and B.S. degrees.
- 162 Bachelor of Science degrees:
- 68 graduated with University honors (Q.P.A. of 3.5 or better).
- 8 graduated with College honors (completed an intensive Senior Honors Research project).